Experience of discontinuity in the life of sick children and Adolescents
Closed • language ENG
Dpt. of Education, University of Navarra
• To elaborate a precise meaning of discontinuity.
• To think about attitudes, behaviour and means teachers have to fight against discontinuity
• To create favourable conditions to the research of coherence and continuity in the life of the sick child
History and Status
1. Starting point:
A European Seminar was held in Pamplona – University of Navarra (Spain), in October 1996, with the title: “Experience of discontinuity in the lives of ill and hospitalized children. An answer from Hospital Pedagogy”.
It was organized with the support of the European Commission, within the framework of the Helios programme. Translation was provided into English and French. Participation: 25 teachers from 8 countries, 17 hospitals.
1. Discontinuity. An study from several aspects.
2. Discontinuity in the children’s life with cancer.
3. The hospital pedagogue: necessary attitudes and skills.
The proceedings were published in Spanish.
2. Members work focused on the definition of word “Discontinuity”.
3. European days. Paris, October, 1998. Presentation and discussion of the document about Discontinuity.
(In attach the document in Spanish)
4. Members work focused on thinking about the different ways to cope with Discontinuity from pedagogical activities and teachers’ attitudes.
5. Last step: IV European Congress of Hospital Teachers and Pedagogues. Barcelona, May, 2000. Links with ateliers 3 (new technologies); 6 (experience of life threatening); 12 (school in hospital); was set up as a way to carry on with the work.
Related files for Experience of discontinuity in the life of sick children and Adolescents:
Worksheet from Atelier No. 5 • download this file
Definition about the “Discontinuity” notion.